Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Una.















Una is the inspiration for WelcomeToTheDoghouse.net and the pride and joy of my life. She's been my closest companion and travel buddy. Una has been on planes, trains, buses and (her favorite way of getting around) motorcycles. Everyday I carry her in her little pink, black and white plaid bag on the NYC subway and I've never met a bigger crowd pleaser. Most people mistake her for a pug (!) and have to ask her age and if they can pet her. I've told myself year after year to have a t-shirt made for her that says "My name is Una. I'm a 3 year old Boston terrier. Yes, I'm very friendly, and I know I'm cute".
Una has one many costume contests over the years (yes, I hand sew them myself!) Recently I entered her into the Mardi Paws Masquerade Party! It's in honor of the nation's largest pet rescue on the 4th anniversary of Katrina that helps give thanks for the many pets that were rescued and the many homes that have been constructed through all the kind and charitable contributions! I was a host for the event, and Una won FIRST place in the costume competition!
More info here:globalgardensfoundation.org .


She is a tough little girl, and always ready for new adventure! So here's to you Una, I look forward to many more wonderful years with my smart,quirky and loving little girl!

1 comment: